Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My heart's devotion 4/16/2012

So this is like the last real week of this transfer and I think that it is CRAZY that time has flown by so fast already! So yesterday we actually went to this branch called the Rockdale branch. I guess out here we cover these tiny towns that are outside of Taylor... And those small towns are part of the Rockdale Branch. We hardly get to go out there because of miles and also because church is at the exact same time as the Taylor ward, but yesterday we decided to go. The Elder's quorum president lives in our ward but goes there because he was called to be the Quorum president.. so he gave us a ride and then after church we went out and tried to find some less-actives and also to tract and find some new investigators. Church was interesting because they meet in the tiniest cutest little building I have ever seen. The chapel was just this small room with a divider down the middle that they put up afterwards and that splits it up for Sunday school and then Priesthood and Relief Society. It was crazy and there was like 8 people there I am pretty sure... Okay there were totally more but it was small... I guess there are 89 Households on the list... But when I was sitting there I was like, this is probably how many people showed up to the mission creek ward in San Antonio. It was small but thats because everyone was not active. But it was a cool experience. We met this one lady who started crying and said that she knew God had sent us to her. It was a great feeling to KNOW that thats true! It was a good day.

Barbara is doing well. She is very excited to get baptized, we just dont know when yet... I'm sure it will be in the next couple of weeks though! :)Robert is doing well too! He is such a cool guy and he is trying to work on getting himself a "testament" as he says... really a testimony. But he says that he is really impressed with the church and that it is the best church he has ever been to... Duh! But I like teaching him a lot and I can forsee him getting baptized within the next few months or so...? Hooray!

We have talked to a few people who are really cool! OH MY GOSH! Tonight we are going by this lady that we had a GREAT conversation with and then she was busy right then but she said we could come back. She scheduled us into her phone and we are totally going by tonight. So was like, "I am really excited to meet with you all!" It was great. We asked her some though provoking questions that made her really wonder about church and kinda gave her more of a desire to learn about it and stuff. So I am stoked.We pretty much see tender mercies every day and its fun to see. But its been a good week so far!

I think something that was highlighted in my week was the fact that I need to pay attention to where I am when I am there. Because on multiple occasions we went by our plan and we were somewhere and what we maybe had originally planned to do or who we had planned to go by fell through, but there was a great opportunity there to talk to someone else or do something else that was way beneficial too. And I think sometimes things dont really pan out (if thats even an expression?) or they dont happen the way we expect or want them to, but there is a hidden opportunity waiting for us. And I think that if we arent aware that those chances are there, we lose the ability to bless the life of someone else. So thats really my challenge is to look for the opportunity that arises from those sorts of things.... Hopefully that whole thing made sense because I feel like I am just typing and I am not sure what is going from my brain to my fingers to the computer so sorry if its all confusing.Anyway.

I love this work even though some days I wish I could be on a beach somewhere. OH p.s. I hope you are okay with me moving to Puerto Rico as soon as I get back because you all KNOW that that is totally going to happen. Just warning you right now. But everything I do every day is so worth it and makes me feel like I am more worth it... You know? Not like L'oreal but I mean like I really do have a purpose being here and that I can accomplish that purpose.
I hope you have a great week!

<3 Always,Elder Kyle David Webb

P.S. The weather has been okay. Pretty cloudy but its been nice! I havent even heard of tornadoes but actually it has been somewhat windy... who even knows?Also. We did service at a thrift store! Oh my goodness it was crazy. I dont think I could deal with people's old/used stuff. I will NEVER in my life be a hoarder. Gross. I hate too much stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment